Home of the Paris Suns
Paris Parents, here are the major changes Paris Elementary is considering so far: (Keep in mind that the following is a draft)
- Complete custom Paris Calendar will be published before school starts.
- Provide more time for students to use inquiry and do projects.
- Interventions build into the day.
- More time for teachers to learn and plan for lessons that involve international leadership. (Students can make a difference and solve real world problems).
- Curriculum that matches our student's needs.
- A rigorous hiring process
- Plans for teacher and staff retention through professional development, coaching and changes in the evaluation process.
Opportunities for our families to be involved and learn at Paris:
- Workshops and classes: We want your ideas!
- Help and support for parents in parenting, health, taxes, GED, etc.
Climate and Culture:
- Involve students and parents in Restorative Practices.
- Mentor Program.
We would LOVE your feedback on this! Please fill out and submit the form bellow with your input!
ACTION Zone Open House on Feb. 16
Please join us for a special open house to learn more about our ACTION Zone work at these five schools . The meeting will be held:
Tuesday, Feb. 16
4:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Aurora Central High School
11700 E. 11th Ave. Aurora, CO 80010
Learn more at http://wp.me/pDlea-c8B
Mr. Pack (Library E.A.) helps Raise All Students’ Achievement by doing a before school book club!
ATTENTION! PARIS IS OFFERING FREE INTENSIVE ADULT ESL CLASSES!
WHEN? FEBRUARY 20TH, 27TH, AND MARCH 5TH
TIME? FROM 9 AM- 1PM
WHERE? THE FIRST FLOOR COMMONS
***FLYERS WILL COME HOME AFTER MLK DAY. A SIGN UP IS REQUIRED AND NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO TRINA MEYER BY FRBRUARY 10TH.***
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Paris Elementary School Hosts PWR Workshop Series
Paris Elementary School is the host site for a series of parent workshops that will continue until February. These workshops were created in response to requests from the Community and Family liaisons. The Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness Coordinators for Elementary Schools wrote several workshops covering a variety of topics. The subjects are targeted to help parents better understand elements of Aurora Public Schools and supporting their students. Each workshop is one hour in length and childcare will be provided for younger siblings. Translation support for non-English speakers will be provided by the Aurora Public Schools Welcome Center.
To date topics have included the APS Strategic Plan, Parental Technology, What is Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness, and Good Habits at Home. For the first time some parents learned to access Parent Portal, check their student’s grades, and saw all of the information available to them on the Aurora Public Schools website.
Helping parents build strong relationships with their child’s school is one step in achieving student success at Paris.
ACTION Zone School Design Team Meetings
Tuesdays: 3:15-5:15 p.m.
(Also 1/8 from 3:15-7:15 p.m. & 2/1 from 11:15 a.m.-7:15 p.m.)
Parents: Please visit the "parents" page for information and a schedule for parent workshops to attend!
- Please click HERE to view the latest Parent Newsletter!
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW 2015-2016 SUPPLY LIST
- Read about what is happening in First Grade HERE!